Author Topic: Your Feedback  (Read 41169 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your Feedback
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:12:29 AM »
Reply to this post with your feedback.  How can we improve the functionality of bedfordnow.com? What features or content would you  like to see? What bugs, problems, or questions do you have about using the site?

Your input is invaluable to us for improving your Bedford community web site. Help us make it better!

You'll need to be a registered member and be logged in to post topics and replies, so if you have an account, click the Login button above. If you haven't yet joined us, click Register.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Your Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
I've made a change so that email addresses in profiles are hidden from the public. Administrators will still have access to these records, but they will be masked for anonymous and registered users.

Offline judyczy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:07:55 AM »
As a former resident of Bedford, I was pleased to find Bedford Now online.  It is great to be able to read the news and happenings of our former hometown.  Your website has a great look and very user friendly. 
Thanks,  Judy Czyzewski, Knoxville, TN

Offline wilfred cosgrove

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
Very nice web site. Keep up the good work

primevalpapa

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
I moved from Temperance in 81 but still follow local events through the on-line versions of Bedford Now, MEN, & The Blade. It is nice to see the forums! BTW - I don't miss shoveling snow.  ;D

Offline stopandthink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »
Your “Chatter” forum has been a great addition to your web site.  It is one of Bedford’s best kept secrets.  I am glad that a friend pointed it out to me.  The people on here seem to be doing a very good job of expressing their thoughts and opinions about what is going on in the Bedford community while at the same time they are respectful to the opinions of others on the forum.  Just shows everyone again what a great community we live in.  Bravo to the Bedford Now and its staff for coming up with the idea!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:47:28 PM by stopandthink »

Offline danshaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Thanks.
I agree that the online community at Chatter is thoughtful and generally respectful of others. We believe that Chatter belongs to the community, not to us, and we try to do as little moderating as possible. Users handle the moderation by pointing out when someone's post is inappropriate.

BedfordRes

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
I didn't expect to see this forum become a place for business to advertise. 

Offline a2zaw4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »
Agreed there should be NO advertising of any kind as it would imply that BEDFORD NOW endorses it. Now if it was a community benefit or something of that nature perhaps. Again only with the approval of Bedford NOW.

Just my 3 cents...

Offline Keith_G

• Success comes before work only in the dictionary
    • View Profile
    • Township Talk
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
mmmmmmmm .... i don't know that i have a problem with it necessarily. provided that whatever is being promoted is in good taste.
Think you can, think you can't, either way you're right. - H. Ford

Offline truebluemom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
I thought that the purpose of the form was for discussion of certain topics, just like we are doing now.  If companies want to advertise, they should pay for it like everyone else.  Company advertising has no place on a forum!  I have never seen it on any of the other forums such as Monroe Talks and M-Live.  Come on Mr. Shaw, let's get these ads off of here.  You let this company get away with it once before, let's put an end to it now! Because of what they have tried to do, this jewelry store will not get any of my business.

Offline Keith_G

• View Profile
    • Township Talk
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
I suppose I can see the point of generating advertising revenue. I don't have a copy of the BN nearby but I wonder if this company does advertising with BN and/or MEN. I suppose I wouldn't view as egregious if they do.

The great thing about the forum is we can chose whether or not to read certain threads. If you see a thread posted by said company then chose to ignore it. That probably sends a louder message than anything else.

Well .... the exception being having their posts removed by the moderator.

Offline Keith_G

• View Profile
    • Township Talk
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
I am pretty active on the MT forum and was wondering what it would take to move this forum closer to the format used there. At least with greater number of categories. I think one of the reasons this forum may fall silent for periods of time, or, be overly political is because there aren't many different categories to fit into. I constantly see guests on the forum (as I do on the MT site) but maybe one way to generate more active talkers on the forum is to merge formats.

I also think it may ease some of the the tension of the board if people were openly discussing other topics similar to what is found on the MT forum.

Just my two cents.  ;D

Offline Kantup5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
On the Bedford Now Home Page the section with the community chatter fills the space so that the VIEW ALL link is covered up and cannot be used. It has onlt happened twice that I know of and it is happening right now.

Offline rhozielou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
I like the way you can give feedback to stories right on the story page for MEN.  Can you do this for BNOW?