Author Topic: Dish vs. Cable?  (Read 921 times)

Offline KeepItReal

• View Profile
Dish vs. Cable?
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
Can someone with experience in the Bedford area share how the Dish Network works as far as consistent quality is concerned? They are offering better rates, as well as more advantages than the just as costly if not more than Buckeye. Thanks!

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
Re: Dish vs. Cable?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
Can't speak for Dish Network specifically but I have DirecTv.  I keep saying the next time a rain storm blocks my signal I am switching to cable.  Or the next time it snows and it covers the dish I am switching to cable.  Other than those two situations I like the dish.  I do have Buckeye for the internet and also the basic cable so I can get Toledo stations so I have that as a fall back,  It does appear to be cheaper to dump the dish and go with Buckeye TV and Internet and maybe the phone.

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:53 AM »
I love Direct TV....if you are having issues with rain or snow, have them replace the dish...it has a coating of some wonder stuff that keeps the interferance from happening....if you have issues the wonder coating has worn off!

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
i have a newer dish and i guess they forgot to put the wonder coating on it because I've always had prob.  And when I complained to them they offer to send a guy out but it will cost me at least $75 for the call.  I told them to forget it that the next time it happens they will be getting a call to discontinue my service.