Author Topic: Township Retains Medical Benefit  (Read 1300 times)

Offline johnnydollar

• View Profile
Township Retains Medical Benefit
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »
From the Blade: Bedford Township will continue to pay 90% of employees medical insurance premiums.

The Township opted out of of Michigan Public Act 152, which limits employers expenditures to no more than 80% of medical benefit costs. They noted that township employees have not had a raise for 4 years, with the exception of a 2% raise for the past year. I love the thinking. I hear the same from my school kids. They got all A's and a B on their report card. Sounds to me like they did not get all A's.

Anyway, so the township snubs their nose at a public act that was passed to provide relief to local governments. I guess Bedford is flush with cash. Also, please tell me how many sick days each employee receives per year, and how many can be carried over. How many vacation days, and how many can be carried over? How many paid holidays? Please tell me about the great pension plan and retiree medical benefits.

Who is on this board anyway, and which ones are up for reelection?

Offline 2012Bedford

• View Profile
Re: Township Retains Medical Benefit
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »
From the Blade: Bedford Township will continue to pay 90% of employees medical insurance premiums.

The Township opted out of of Michigan Public Act 152, which limits employers expenditures to no more than 80% of medical benefit costs. They noted that township employees have not had a raise for 4 years, with the exception of a 2% raise for the past year. I love the thinking. I hear the same from my school kids. They got all A's and a B on their report card. Sounds to me like they did not get all A's.

Anyway, so the township snubs their nose at a public act that was passed to provide relief to local governments. I guess Bedford is flush with cash. Also, please tell me how many sick days each employee receives per year, and how many can be carried over. How many vacation days, and how many can be carried over? How many paid holidays? Please tell me about the great pension plan and retiree medical benefits.

Who is on this board anyway, and which ones are up for reelection?

JD, Please post this in the General forum, the News forum does not get the following. This is one topic that makes the current admin so special.  For the last 8 years, they have not had the taste of the recession. As far as raises, I believe Walt had $1700.00 raise a few years ago. From the treasures mouth.