Author Topic: Fire Fighter fired  (Read 20292 times)

Offline smoke14

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fire Fighter fired
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »
everyone on the department is an employee of the township, as far as things missing i remember an article in the paper that said scba's were missing. Also 3 portable radios were taken, this is info from a bedford now article dated sept. 12 2013.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:57:39 PM by smoke14 »

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
Here's the link, Smoke, on the article on the stolen equipment...

http://www.bedfordnow.com/news/2013/sep/15/fire-truck-radios-taken/

Thanks for refreshing our memory.

Offline Kathy Smart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »
To; Stop The Burning

It is not just making a lot of emergency calls, but what you do on those calls!!! The knowledge you bring to the emergency calls is important, meaning education and people

Offline a2zaw4

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
I want to be at the meeting but I can't due to transportation, I have spoke with the supervisor and I believe he will be discussing, what I had shared.

Offline Bedford Homeowner

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2014, 06:51:23 PM »
My father was a fire fighter for many years and most of the "Good Old Boys" you are referring to are respected members of our community as they should be.   I don't think these respected men would air out any dirty laundry in a public forum like this. I guess that shows why they are in charge and not you.

Respected because people don't know how crooked they have been.

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
Well, that last comment says it all!  "Air out dirty laundry".....guess damn what.  If you have dirty laundry you'd better damn well bet I want to know about it.  I PAY YOUR SALARY.  IF YOUR PAYCHECK COMES FROM TAX MONEY YOU ANSWER TO ME.  You do not get to keep secrets, have dirty drawers, or any other similar thing.  My husband spent 30 years working for the US Government.  We had to live above reproach, if my kids acted out in school, we answered to a commander.  You want to take someone to task for "airing dirty laundry"....that is pretty damn bold.  I will bend over backwards to support both our Law Enforcement Personnel and our Firemen and women but I stop that support when I feel like I'm being bent forward and right now I see my toes too clearly.  Another bit of advice....well known does not always equate to being well respected.  If any of the members on the fire department have done any of these alleged acts they certainly will not have my respect.

Amen! Couldn't have said it any better myself.

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »
I've followed this post since it started and have been struggling with what to say.  I have friends on both sides of this issue and I am extremely disappointed that this post has been allowed to be turned into a mud-slinging contest by so many users.  At this point I do not think anything positive will come from the continued posting of accusations or the sharing of "insider" information.  The whole situation does not put a very good light on the fine members of the Bedford Township Fire Department.  My suggestion would be that the township board appoint a fire commission, separate and independent from the fire department, to oversee and review the operations and finances of the fire department.  The commission could report their findings to the township board, and the board would decide what action, if any, should be taken. 
My wish for 2014 is that the fire department can heal any inner strife and continue to be respected for their service to the residents of Bedford Township.       

Very well said Randy. Sounds like a good idea to me.