Author Topic: Monroe Co. Sheriff radio band  (Read 803 times)

Offline BUZZARDCS

• View Profile
Monroe Co. Sheriff radio band
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Recently, my wife and I bought a new Kindle Fire which is capable of picking up police and fire bands.  We occasionally like to listen to all the calls. We've got Toledo PD, Toledo Fire and Rescue, Monroe Co. Fire and Rescue, but can not seem to locate the Monroe Co. Sheriff Department on it. As we live in Bedford Twp., close to the state line, we'd like to listen to  Monroe Co. also.  Can anyone help?   Thanks

Offline randysehl

• View Profile
Re: Monroe Co. Sheriff radio band
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »
Monroe County Sheriff and the other county police agencies (Monroe City, MSP, Erie Township, Dundee Village, Luna Pier, Carleton, South Rockwood, DNR, State Park, etc. are on the 800mhz statewide system and are all dispatched by Monroe County Central Dispatch.  Here is a link to the frequencies.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:45:18 PM by randysehl »

Offline BUZZARDCS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
Thank You randysehl for the info. We'll see if we can enter it into the Kindle.

Offline Heisenberg

• Writer. Thinker. Scientist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »
Your Kindle isn't actually picking up the signals. I am quite sure because the scanners that are capable of picking up conversations on digital trunking systems like our state-wide 800MHz system are more expensive than your Kindle. What you have is an app that probably streams radio broadcasts over the internet. So it is up to whomever is providing that streaming service to have the capability to pickup the digitally trunked conversations and rebroadcast them on the internet.