Author Topic: Some interesting reading on farmers' markets.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
Re: Some interesting reading on farmers' markets.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »
Yer right, Brighton.  Even simple questions, like...

Who's gonna clean up the parking lot at the end of the day?

Where are they gonna get water...to clean up dropped fruit and veggies from
the asphalt?

Have they applied for a Federal tax I.D.?  or filed a fictitious name form?

Where are they gonna store the tables?  Who's providing the initial
capital outlay?...which might easily be in the thousands of dollars?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
I hope this doesn't get to complicated.  It sure sounds like a nice idea for people with extra produce to make some beer money and for residents to buy some fresh local stuff.

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
A new page has been added to the www.bedfordyes.com  web site “Bedford Township Non-Profit Groups”.  I have added a section for the “Bedford Township Farmer’s Market” on the page.  Basic information concerning the Bedford Farmer’s Market is listed in this section including a link to the video of the last Bedford Township Board meeting where it was discussed.

Here is a direct link to the page: http://www.bedfordyes.com/TemperanceActionCommittee.htm

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
Read the info....The country is over run with lawyers trying to take everyone's money.
Everything and anything we do has a legal twist to it.

Offline Drofdeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »
This line of posts makes me sick. This is the crap that continues to degrade our community as those that are not involved choose to critique the efforts of others.  The original request for a farmers market was made by an organization in our community that has done nothing but try to improve the township in which we live. They have asked for no funding to support their vision and are a group of dedicated individuals that try to make Bedford a better place. They ask for no dollars from our government and merely request a plot of land from our vast areas of non taxable properties to try to grow their vision.  They generate thousands of dollars per year and have chosen to use the monies to provide scholarships to our graduating High School students.
We do not need to over analyze the pitfalls that they may encounter.  We simply need to grant them a plot of land and let them work through the process. When they become successful they might even consider growing turf to replace the divits on the field of our under funded almighty sports field.
In contrast, we taxpayers have spent $100,000.00 over the last ten years to beatify Bedford.  I ask myself are we more beautiful? 

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 07:18:11 AM »
What a bunch of naysayers!  Every attempt by any group to do something out of the box in this place is met with critiques and "you can't because"....How about saying, "you can, IF"!!!!!  How about instead of armchair quarterbacking you get off your butt and help?  How about you put your tit for tat personal feelings about people aside and actually do something to make this a better place?  Get over yourselves!  If all of you know so damn much show up at the meetings for this and any other project and help it be successful instead of sitting there with your hands down your pants in some lame attempt to feel superior.  Guess what....if this or any of the other things people try to do continue to fail....the perception of Bedford as a bunch of white, lowclass, hicks is going to remain.  That may not bother some of you, but the second order effect of that is our kids are going to have to fight just a little bit harder to prove they don't come from the ultimate idiocracy!  I am not a huge fan of everyone working on this project but guess what?  That doesn'tdamnmatter.  What does matter is if I am doing my part to help....

Offline johnnydollar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 05:48:44 PM »
BW,

I tried to put my tit for a tat once but instead got it in a wringer.

That said, I agree with your post. Right now I shop at Ciolino's with all the other low life white trash hicks and appreciate a local business that has plenty of traffic, only has about 30 parking spaces and has neither port-o-potties or rest rooms. I go before I go, if you know what I mean. Sometimes after, sometimes both.

Can't we get back to discussing burning leaves or potholes?

Offline J Hoffa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 06:44:56 AM »

.......................the perception of Bedford as a bunch of white, lowclass, hicks is going to remain.  ........................

Hay  Maw..............    What Paw.........?   

Maw..............wezzz maid err.    Wezzz maid err what.... Paw? 

Wezz maid err up to  bein lowclas wyt hics.  Ah Paw.............Izzz  sa hapy.       

Pawww ........... ya bess be movin the worshen  machine off the front porch .....  now dat wezzz  got some class