Author Topic: Inconsiderate People At White Park  (Read 3311 times)

BedfordDaddy

Inconsiderate People At White Park
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
I was at white park today trying to spend some quality time with my daughters.  Bad choice!  It is amazing the inconsideration of others and the absolute horrible "parenting" by some.  Two incidents today:

1. Group of children near tennis courts ages 7-12.  All girls and one boy.  The boy had a mouth like a truck driver, was making sexually inappropriate comments and gestures to the girls he was with, and even several sexually inappropriate "gropes."   When I finally walked over to the park play area to ask whose kid it was...and explained what was going on, I was surprisingly faced with an angry mob of parents who could have cared less what this boy was doing and saying.   Heaven forbid parents would have to actually teach their kids general respect and get off of their cell phones for two minutes.  You would think at least the mom's would have wanted this behavior to stop...but they had no interest in correcting their children...texting is more important.   I feel so sorry for the teachers who have to deal with the kids who are raised by clueless parents.

2.  Tried to play some tennis with my kids on the courts.  Two adult males and a male teenager were hitting softballs on the softball fields.  Then, the adult male starts hitting rocks toward the tennis courts and actually hit the tennis courts on three occasions, one almost hitting my child.  When I yelled over at them to stop, they of course tried to act tough as if they were innocent of any immature behavior.  Typical michigander, cut-off sleeve wearing, over weight white Michigan trash.  Adult men hitting rocks at little kids from 200 feet away..

Some parents are horrible examples for their children.  God bless our teachers, principals and school staff who daily have to put up with inconsiderate, ignorant, immoral parents and children

Offline chartres

• View Profile
Re: Inconsiderate People At White Park
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:36:51 AM »
Your watching the premise of the movie 'Idiocrasy' being played out in real time. The intelligent people have one or no kids, the idiots breed like rabbits, bringing down the intelligence level of humanity. Imagine what it will be like in 500 years.

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »
BD...I am so sorry your time at the park was marred.  Next time, think about calling the cops.  I know it seems petty but what the police don't know about they can't address.  I am fuming at the thought your child was almost hit by a rock.....that tells me that the schmuks who did it only care about themselves. 

Online StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
I often see many cars in White and Carr park with Ohio plates but wonder how many grandparents of Bedford kids live in Ohio and are spending time with their grandkids.

Offline Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:11 AM »
I would hope that no one suggests that it is only people from Ohio that cause these types of problems.  Both sides of the border have those who can't play by the rules. 

Wonder what they think about vehicles from MI at the Metro parks located in Toledo, especially on Central.  Probably that we take up all of the space at the picnic tables and wherever else when they have to pay the taxes that fund the park operations.

Isn't living on the border FUN!

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
Good point, Buddy.

Offline KeepItPositive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »
"Some parents are horrible examples for their children.  God bless our teachers, principals and school staff who daily have to put up with inconsiderate, ignorant, immoral parents and children"

But thank God that the good people in this community far outweigh the "inconsiderate, ignorant, etc..." 

Offline chartres

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
I totally agree with you Buddy, I use the Toledo Metro Parks far more than any Bedford Park. They provide excellent biking and hiking, especially at Wildwood and Oak Openings. Another nicety is free Ohio State Parks.

Online StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
A lot of Bedford people work and shop in Toledo paying them thousands of dollars in taxes.  I don't think we have the reverse situation.

Offline betachips

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:52 AM »
We currently live in Woodhaven.  My wife works in Toledo and is from Toledo.  We are seriously considering moving to Bedford for geographic reasons (halfway between my family and hers in Maumee and close for her commute, I work from home and can live anywhere).  This forum is giving us serious doubts, and I've posted similar sentiments on here in the past.  We love the neighborhoods in Bedford and the business district for basic shopping.  However, the school finanacial situation, the bad roads (even by Michigan standards) and the many negative comments on here may be swaying us to look elsewhere, perhaps Sylvania or Perrysburg. 

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »
We currently live in Woodhaven.  My wife works in Toledo and is from Toledo.  We are seriously considering moving to Bedford for geographic reasons (halfway between my family and hers in Maumee and close for her commute, I work from home and can live anywhere).  This forum is giving us serious doubts, and I've posted similar sentiments on here in the past.  We love the neighborhoods in Bedford and the business district for basic shopping.  However, the school finanacial situation, the bad roads (even by Michigan standards) and the many negative comments on here may be swaying us to look elsewhere, perhaps Sylvania or Perrysburg.

Are You Kidding Me?  Do Not Base Any Decision you make on these commentors.

If you have the $ to spend, Sylvania and Perrysburg are better choices. 

Offline smoke14

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »
Call the ordinace dept. let them know what's goin on,and maybe they can keep a closer eye on the parks.

Offline a2zaw4

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:16 AM »
Most phones in today's society are capable of snapping a photo or recording a voice recorder! On a different note, was on Dean Rd the other day and there was two fire engines that stopped on Dean and had their lights activated and a few of the firefighters were getting gear, and the car behind me backed up and went around me, and directly in front of the engine and almost hit one of the fire fighters. I wasn't moving until someone had directed me to do so. If you see RED lights you STOP.

Offline KeepItPositive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
Call the ordinace dept. let them know what's goin on,and maybe they can keep a closer eye on the parks.

I think I would call the "real" police.  The unarmed, non-trained ordinance officers have very limited authority and aren't really respected.  It seems like the ordinance officers try to look like the police all the time with their uniforms and  marked ordinance patrol cars, but they are really just "wanna be's."  I see them sitting in the school parking lot all the time watching the stop signs and then stopping students and adults to warn them about it.  I think this is a waste of their time and my tax dollars.  Enforce necessary ordinances in the township - stop trying to be the parking lot police at school.   

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 09:25:36 PM »
Betachips...

1.  Move into a CITY.  Bedford is not a city...and that's probably the bulk of its problems.
2.  Stay out of Michigan if you can.  Everything is so much more expensive...car insurance, sales tax base, stupid bottle surcharge, etc.
3.  Decide what is the most important financially with the move?  Current costs?...gas, food, etc. Or future costs...income tax on 401k's, homestead exemptions for seniors, help with food bills.  All of these are terrible in Michigan.
4.  Do a Google search.  There are several sites that grade the top ten best and worst states...for a lot of different criteria.  Thinking of trading your car in and buying a new one?  Check out the disadvantages of doing this in Michigan.
5.  My personal preferences...the cities in the burbs.  Waterville, Maumee, Perrysburg, Sylvania. These are all  expanding and inviting new industry and retail...which will help with the income taxes. And check to see which ones HAVE income tax...and their reciprocity agreements.
6.  Go see a good financial adviser.  You might ultimately save thousands by spending  a couple hundred bucks now. Many deal with clients from all the surrounding area...and can help you formulate a game plan for different plateaus of your life.
7.  And...my personal favorite...look into the divorce laws...and estate tax rules.

If I didn't have so much invested in Michigan, I'd move out of here in a heartbeat.

Good luck.