Author Topic: Its a Good Time for Meg Smith to Retire - Just get a Assistant Mr. Stewart  (Read 2446 times)

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
Re: Its a Good Time for Meg Smith to Retire - Just get a Assistant Mr. Stewart
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
Why does there need to be an agenda?

What do YOU think the agenda should be?

If you have one, post it...so that Greg might get an idea
of your (plural) concerns.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
Word on the street is that Stewart is appointing Lamar as his deputy so don't count on there being any savings in the budget.

I see this all the time here...

'Word on the street is...'  or 'I was told...'

Start with gossip...and the next sucker just builds on it.  And some of the same folks that
post that garbage here have kids in school...who supposedly are trying to teach
their kids the evils of bullying.  Simply amazing!!

If you're gonna post gossip...or negativity...post your source.

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
Word on the street is that Stewart is appointing Lamar as his deputy so don't count on there being any savings in the budget.

I see this all the time here...

'Word on the street is...'  or 'I was told...'

Start with gossip...and the next sucker just builds on it.  And some of the same folks that
post that garbage here have kids in school...who supposedly are trying to teach
their kids the evils of bullying.  Simply amazing!!

If you're gonna post gossip...or negativity...post your source.

you read my mind

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
And I point blank stated that it was "the word on the street" didn't I. It came from several different sources to me so let's wait and see what Mr Stewart indeed does. From the comments here, I guess the thought was not well liked. It is also not right for you all to attack Meg. Did anyone defend her? No not one. I was out of town for my father's funeral and other proceedings so I was not available at the time to do so but as soon as I was back.......

Regarding Mr Stewart's lack of an "agenda". If you are running for an office, you have a plan of action, things that you wish to accomplish. No agenda means that he has no course of action. The statement "if its not broke don't fix it"..............you all have been b....ing for months about everything that is wrong in this township and with this township even down to slandering a jewelry store because they have a sign that states that they buy gold (WE ARE GOING SO DOWNHILL IN A HANDBASKET) and there are no-tell motels which have been on Telegraph Rd for over 40 years at least (OH YES BEDFORD IS JUST SINKING INTO A CESSPOOL) and you know that no drugs were every done there until the last year or so, now don't you, that no one in their 20s, 30s, 40s etc. ever went there and smoke marijuana or did coke etc. Oh  and that everything that Mr. Wilburn did was wrong or he did not do, You think that someone that wants to get into an office has no planned agenda? Well that is probably true for Mr Stewart since his backers are going to be telling him exactly what they want him to do. Anyone can just point him to this site and maybe he is educated enough to figure it out. I would guess that since it is even a high school requirement to be able to read, he can do that.

And regarding the "negativity" and "post your source", I believe I have asked that from the day I started participating in this forum and not once has anyone bothered to do so nor acknowledge unless it was an additional attack. I came in here and attempted to put a positive swing on many subjects and all that it led to was a personal attack on me including being threatened. There is so much negativity on this forum there is very little room for anything else, not even for someone who tried to change the subject to football but no, you all had to take it back to politics in spite of her asking you to stop. There was not even an acknowledgement that they were wrong from the person stating that we had a pawn shop in Bedford because a jewelry store had a we buy gold sign. That is NEGATIVITY TO THE MAX and "you are talking about people trying to teach their kids about not bullying etc."? There is so much bullying here you know that it goes out into the home and the workplace etc. as well. Personally I would like to hear from the owner of that establishment that the person who wrote that statement here, went in and apologized in person. In fact, I would love to see the whole commentary of what she said published in the Bedford Now. Heck I would love to have this whole statement put in the Bedford NOW because I would pretty much guarantee that there would be a lot of new joiners.

If you think that I have blasted a few of you, I have. You need it so that maybe you will take a look at yourself. I know...you are all good solid Christians and Catholics etc. HAH. Well I think that most of the teachings of the church you have been sleeping thru either that or you have your earplugs in.
It is time to talk

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »
And I point blank stated that it was "the word on the street" didn't I. It came from several different sources to me so let's wait and see what Mr Stewart indeed does. From the comments here, I guess the thought was not well liked. It is also not right for you all to attack Meg. Did anyone defend her? No not one. I was out of town for my father's funeral and other proceedings so I was not available at the time to do so but as soon as I was back.......

Regarding Mr Stewart's lack of an "agenda". If you are running for an office, you have a plan of action, things that you wish to accomplish. No agenda means that he has no course of action. The statement "if its not broke don't fix it"..............you all have been b....ing for months about everything that is wrong in this township and with this township even down to slandering a jewelry store because they have a sign that states that they buy gold (WE ARE GOING SO DOWNHILL IN A HANDBASKET) and there are no-tell motels which have been on Telegraph Rd for over 40 years at least (OH YES BEDFORD IS JUST SINKING INTO A CESSPOOL) and you know that no drugs were every done there until the last year or so, now don't you, that no one in their 20s, 30s, 40s etc. ever went there and smoke marijuana or did coke etc. Oh  and that everything that Mr. Wilburn did was wrong or he did not do, You think that someone that wants to get into an office has no planned agenda? Well that is probably true for Mr Stewart since his backers are going to be telling him exactly what they want him to do. Anyone can just point him to this site and maybe he is educated enough to figure it out. I would guess that since it is even a high school requirement to be able to read, he can do that.

And regarding the "negativity" and "post your source", I believe I have asked that from the day I started participating in this forum and not once has anyone bothered to do so nor acknowledge unless it was an additional attack. I came in here and attempted to put a positive swing on many subjects and all that it led to was a personal attack on me including being threatened. There is so much negativity on this forum there is very little room for anything else, not even for someone who tried to change the subject to football but no, you all had to take it back to politics in spite of her asking you to stop. There was not even an acknowledgement that they were wrong from the person stating that we had a pawn shop in Bedford because a jewelry store had a we buy gold sign. That is NEGATIVITY TO THE MAX and "you are talking about people trying to teach their kids about not bullying etc."? There is so much bullying here you know that it goes out into the home and the workplace etc. as well. Personally I would like to hear from the owner of that establishment that the person who wrote that statement here, went in and apologized in person. In fact, I would love to see the whole commentary of what she said published in the Bedford Now. Heck I would love to have this whole statement put in the Bedford NOW because I would pretty much guarantee that there would be a lot of new joiners.

If you think that I have blasted a few of you, I have. You need it so that maybe you will take a look at yourself. I know...you are all good solid Christians and Catholics etc. HAH. Well I think that most of the teachings of the church you have been sleeping thru either that or you have your earplugs in.

Well, I am bummed you didn't read my opinion about Mrs. Meg.  I guess the Jews are part of the etc....???  As  am the person who said that about the "Jewelry" store, how about you understand this....I know more about jewelry than 90% of you, at a minimum.  Nicer jewelry stores do not "buy gold", they have better sources than the stuff people would sell so don't expect an apology any time soon.  When I started coming to Bedford about 28 years ago....those motels on Telegraph were pristine, well kept up and quite nice.  Now, they are mostly used for shooting up heroin.  Believe that!  As far as Mr. Stewart having this Lamar person, who cares?  He won the election and he can put who he wants in there.  Here is a hint.  Instead of whinging about negativity, take a long and dispassionate look at what IS negative and be part of the solution.  I am so very sick of it!  I really do not believe anyone threatened you.  I do think that by being a victim you hope to garner approval.  BTW...how many of you know of really good jewelry stores, in strip mall, by a wings spot and a "lounge".  I am still irritated that Coco house doesn't sell any chocolate.  At the end of it all, you don't have to like or agree with what I say but you are certainly in no position to tell me what I should do.  Amazing....you came on during the local election.....not suspicious at all......

Offline 2012Bedford

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
I believe BW has contributed more positive than negative any day of the week. I think BW glows with positive...

Being once in a profession that only smells of negative everyday you work, It has given me the ability to tell the good from the bad, even if they are trying to fool you. Mr. Wilburn fooled people for 8 years, and made a mess of things.

Lets keep positive about Mr. Stewart, after all, he's replaceable too.

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
We should find in within a year whether Walt was just fooling people or it was just that there wasn't any money to do much of anything.
I am hoping Mr Stewart has some ideas on how to move somethings along. But again everything takes money.
The one thing that irritates a lot of people is the condition of the roads and how they are maintained when it snows.  It seems a lot of that is out of our hands as a township.  The township trustees eliminated the head of the road commission but i'm betting we still send all our trucks out to maintain state highways first and end up paying part of the cost because the state doesn't cover it all.  Maybe Mr. Steward can get some action going on this problem.