Author Topic: Bedford Township Up date Re: Walt Wilburn  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jb.goode1975

• View Profile
Bedford Township Up date Re: Walt Wilburn
« on: September 26, 2012, 06:58:23 PM »
I just received my Bedford Township today, a waste of money and time!!
Mr. Wilburn used a half page of the newsletter to tell us nothing.He said nothing of the state of our community, but told us what we already knew.
We would of been better served  if he told us what is going on in our local government.
He asks for applications for boards and commissions, that is a joke,he gives the spots to his relatives and friends.
The nonprofits  addressed in the newletter are not the townships responsibility.
Walt should not be talking so much about the roads but the direction the township should go and budgets.
There should be 5 year rolling budget and projects that need to be done.

Who should be the next township Supervisor.
We need to move in a new positive direction, with solid business experience and a track record

Offline Domestic Goddess

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bedford Township Up date Re: Walt Wilburn
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
Are you always this cranky? 

Offline signal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
     Unfortunately, Walt has a reputation of blowing
his own horn, every chance he gets. Sure, he needs
to tell the voters what is being done by the Township
government, but somehow all of the publicity comes
across as "you should like Walt". I never see anyone
at the Township hall quoted in the paper except him.
    Have you noticed that our Township newsletter
has his photo on the front page? Every project in
Bedford was approved by a majority vote of the
trustees, but they don't get their pictures in the news-
letter.
    Every week Mt. Carmel church puts out a bulletin.
Our priest has a message on the front page. Not his
photograph.
    Walt thinks that he is a one man band.

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
My copy has other folks pictures.

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »
As township supervisor of course the news from township hall would come thru him. Where does it come from in Toledo, the mayor of course unless it is a specific board head which we do not have here other than the township supervisor. Let's go higher, who gives the State of the Union address, the President of course. Who would you expect it to be from? If you think that the newsletter you received was not of real interest to you, I would suggest that you go read the latest one from Luna Pier. You might want to hang onto it until you have a night that you are having a problem getting to sleep tho.

Regarding tooting his horn, Walt has never and will never claim to have done everything all on his own. He lavishes praise where it is deserved. Does he claim things have gotten accomplished? You betcha. Did he play a big or possibly huge part in getting them accomplished. You betcha. Does he deserve peoples respect for what he has accomplished? YOU BETCHA!

It is time to talk

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »
TTT - Common sense is not allowed in this forum.

Offline 2012Bedford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »
As township supervisor of course the news from township hall would come thru him. Where does it come from in Toledo, the mayor of course unless it is a specific board head which we do not have here other than the township supervisor. Let's go higher, who gives the State of the Union address, the President of course. Who would you expect it to be from? If you think that the newsletter you received was not of real interest to you, I would suggest that you go read the latest one from Luna Pier. You might want to hang onto it until you have a night that you are having a problem getting to sleep tho.

Regarding tooting his horn, Walt has never and will never claim to have done everything all on his own. He lavishes praise where it is deserved. Does he claim things have gotten accomplished? You betcha. Did he play a big or possibly huge part in getting them accomplished. You betcha. Does he deserve peoples respect for what he has accomplished? YOU BETCHA!
Time to Talk, love the handle, just in time for the elections, with my old person expertise, and the gut feeling which comes natural with age, all alike, you are either Walt Wilburn, a relative, or a crony...either way you do have a right to comment on these forums, but I do feel, it's to late, the "fat lady done sang", and has left the building, nothing you can say or convince anyone about Walt will not change. Skunks only come in one flavor, no matter if you call it a rose. Just could not take it anymore...

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
2012 Bedford - in a year, you'll be complaining about the new supervisor.  That seems to be your nature.

Offline 2012Bedford

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
2012 Bedford - in a year, you'll be complaining about the new supervisor.  That seems to be your nature.

No I won't, once Walt leaves, all will be just fine.  Bedford deserves better.

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
Hondo, it appears that the only thing that is appreciated here is negativity and I am also hearing here that some of the people are saying that they are sick of hearing it. So lets go with some "negativity" to Bedford2012's response to what I said about Mr Wilburn.

I learned to talk a long time ago (yes the handle does fit me perfectly whether it is election time or not). Speak up is what I would call it. Always having an opinion is not a bad thing. Not expressing that opinion can be. It is rather difficult sometimes to be heard when you have 4 sisters and 2 brothers unless you do know how.

Bedford2012    I am NOT Walt Wilburn
                         I am NOT a relative of Walt Wilburn
                         I am NOT one of his cronies (I may be a little on the older side but I am definitely NOT a crony)

Hopefully your gut will feel better now that I have let you know that, maybe it was just a little upset.

And I hate to say this but the "fat lady", and I hate to call a lady fat, well she has NOT sung. She can NOT sing until the results are in from the November 6th election. Hence she can NOT have left the building whether it be township hall, Bedford Township or wherever she might be. Personally I hope she is in Washington DC singing her heart out!!!!!

Next I am NOT blind. I do know what a skunk looks like, smells like and how they stomp their feet before they will turn their back on you and spray you (rather like a commercial Realtor in this township did in his lovely antagonistic, and that is using a mild word, letter that he had published in the paper). My personal opinion is that is where that odor etc. is coming from, it came from that said Realtor. It will take a long time for it to wear off of everything it spewed onto.

I do however appreciate the fact that you are expressing your opinion and that you have a right to it. I do have a question for you though. Would you mind telling me what Mr Stewart has done for Luna PIer? You know according to the Boomerang newspaper, the 2 things that he brought them was yard of the month and the quarterly newsletter. Guess he liked them so much here that he felt they needed them there. What has his expertise and experience done for them? Oh and I have another question, you seem to feel that Walt Wilburn is a liar. Well go to Mr Greg W Stewarts Facebook page. He has not even been elected yet. Lie NUMBER  1 !!!!
His Facebook pages states that "He worked for the City of Luna Pier" not works. That is a boldface lie to not only the people of Luna Pier or the people of Bedford Township who know that there has been discussion regarding Hatch Act (I think a lot of you should do some research on this and how it could affect Bedford Township). NO Mr Stewart has put it out to all the world that he is NO longer employed by Luna Pier. How about that? It is a real whopper. And do you know that Greg W Stewart feels that he can put his signs and handouts etc. anywhere he likes without asking permission from owners. That would be the right and proper and courteous etc. etc. thing for someone who is trying for the top position in the township. He is showing NO RESPECT and has NO regard now for anyone or their businesses or their properties etc. etc. What would happen if he did get in.......

Have a good evening

Sorry everyone if I have been too negative.
It is time to talk

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »
Post alright. I love the bit on the commercial realtor...Priceless!

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
I presume that meant "postal right". More negativity coming up  from me

NOPE. I was chuckling the entire time I wote it. FACTS ARE FACTS
It is time to talk

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
Hondo? Are you trying to tell me that I am not welcome here because I have common sense? Hmmmmm I guess I didn't realize that would be an issue. Hmmmmmm ok I have an idea, do you think if I load up on the negativity and dye my hair blond and let the dye eat up my brain cells I might fit in?
It is time to talk