Author Topic: Video of Bedford Township Meetings  (Read 9751 times)

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
Video of Bedford Township Meetings
« on: July 21, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »
I would like to announce that starting today I will again be posting the video of all Bedford Township Meetings on the www.bedfordyes.com web site. 

The last Bedford Township Board meeting held on July 17, 2012 has been posted to the following web page:

http://www.bedfordyes.com/BedfordTownshipAgendaMinutesVideo.htm#agendaminutesvideo   

Major agenda items of this meeting:

1.  The board established a special assessment district for street improvements in the Enchanted Forest subdivision, but the cost of the work is not yet known.  Several residents spoke during the public commentary.
2.  Mark Jagodzinski, general manager of Lake Erie Transit, gave a presentation and asked the board to support his agency's 0.25-mill levy renewal that will appear on the township's Aug. 7 ballot.

I plan to go back and add video of the meetings that involved major decisions by the board during the past year.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 06:20:29 PM by Bedford News »

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
Re: Video of Bedford Township Meetings
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting from Tuesday, August 14, 2012 has been added to the www.bedfordyes.com web site.  Here is the direct link to where it is located:

http://www.bedfordyes.com/BedfordTownshipAgendaMinutesVideo.htm#agendaminutesvideo

Major items discussed:

1.   Approval of Resolution to Establish the Canterbury Forest Road Special Assessment District Roll.
2.   Dennis Steinman spoke during public commentary.  He expressed his concern over  the poor job of road improvements to Timber Creek Subdivision.
3.   Approval of Liquor License Application for Michigan Global Enterprises, LLC, located at the SW corner of Consear and Secor  (old Mules Coral).

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »
The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting from Tuesday, September 4, 2012 (14 minutes) has been added to the www.bedfordyes.com web site.  Here is the direct link to where it is located:

Major items discussed:

1.  Approval of Resolution in Support of the Monroe County Community College Whitman Center.
2.  Approval of Bid for the Installation of Sidewalks in Samaria.

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »
The www.bedfordyes.com web site has been updated to include the video of the following meetings:

September 11, 2012 Bedford Township Zoning Meeting
September 12, 2012 Bedford Township Planning Meeting

Here is a direct link to the page where they are located:

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:50:07 AM »
The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting from Tuesday, September 18, 2012 (60 minutes) has been added to the www.bedfordyes.com web site.  Here is the direct link to where it is located:

Major items discussed:

1. Approval of Application for a Class C Liquor License from Michigan Global Enterprises, at 8505 Secor Road, Lambertville. (southwest corner of Secor & Consear Roads)

2. Approval of Second Resolution to Establish Costs and Fees Pursuant to the Bedford Township Cemetery Ordinance

3. Approval of Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate for GH Cutter Services, Inc.

4. Approval of Letter of Understanding from McGuire & McDole CPA.

5. The following residents spoke during public comment: Greg Stewart, Nancy Tienvieri, Paul Pirrone and Rick Steiner. (The information presented by Rick Steiner who is requesting the installation of a traffic light at the intersection of Lewis Avenue, Hickory Creek Blvd. and Bedford Drive is also posted on the web page listed above.)

Offline 2012Bedford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »
First, another bar restaurant in Bedford. Can they not attract other types of business. I think not.

I bet the next meeting, you will find some unusual issues that require board approval, There are always those last ones that know a new board is coming and tries to persuade the current board that is definitely leaving to go their way. Well you know the rest. Look "Ma" I got a new car".....

Also, I find the meetings are growing tense and are showing their breaking points with who gets a long with who.

Poor Trudy...don't ya hate a sore losers.  (Plural)

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:15 AM »

The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting for October 2, 2012 has been posted to the www.bedfordyes.com web site.

Major Items:

1.  Approval of Resolution Exempting Bedford Township Government from Requirements of Public Act 152 of 2011, for Calendar Year 2013

2.  Approval to Re-Zone a .5 Acre Portion of Property ID No 58-02-025-029-00, NE Corner of Telegraph and Sterns from I-3 (General Industrial) to C-3 (General Commercial).

3.  The following residents spoke during public commentary: Greg Stewart, Rick Steiner, Nancy Tienvieri and Denny Steinman.

Here is a link to where the video is located: http://www.bedfordyes.com/BedfordTownshipAgendaMinutesVideo.htm#agendaminutesvideo

Offline PackersFan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »
All I get is 'Permission Denied".

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »
Please try the link again..........it should be fixed now........

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting for October 16, 2012 has been posted to the www.bedfordyes.com  web site.

Major Items:

1. Approval of Contract for Auditing Services with McGuire & Associates

2. Approval of Mannik & Smith Agreement for Engineering Services Presentation by Barry Buschmann,
     Senior Vice President, Mannik & Smith Group

3. The following residents spoke during public commentary: Greg Stewart, Jeff Zink, Nancy Tienvieri,
     Jason Shepard and John Warns.

Here is a link to where the video is located: http://www.bedfordyes.com/BedfordTownshipAgendaMinutesVideo.htm#agendaminutesvideo

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 06:32:45 AM »
I have added the video of the Bedford Township Planning Commission Meeting of November 14, 2012 to the www.bedfordyes.com web site.  The board recommended to deny both requests for re-zoning that were on the agenda.  Click on the link below to view the details:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:35:33 AM by Bedford News »

Offline SarahS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
I think it's a shame that the planning board is discouraging businesses from wanting to stay in Bedford.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the church currently bank owned because the previous church couldn't make it? I'd much rather see a long-running local business go in there.  Also, isn't there C-1 property all around (including right next to) the proposed property?

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 05:52:50 AM »
Who is Jon?

Offline Bedford News

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
The video of the Bedford Township Board Meeting for November 20, 2012 has been posted to the www.bedfordyes.com  web site. This was the first meeting for the new Bedford Township Board members. Here is the direct link to the page where it is located.

Offline StopTheBurning

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
Just wondering if there is info somewhere as to when all the township board meetings are.  It doesn't seem to be displayed on the Township web site or maybe i missed it.