Author Topic: Lewis Ave to have have another abandon building  (Read 3151 times)

Offline bedford wife

• View Profile
Re: Lewis Ave to have have another abandon building
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »
I sort of see your point.  I would like to say/write one thing.  The role of a Leader, Commander, POTUS, Supervisor, Mayor or Grand Poopah isn't ever to do the actual work themselves, it is to effect it through bridge building, establishing relationships, coordination, and overseeing.  Just as a leader takes the heat round when things go wrong, so must they be given credit (which they should share) when positive change happens.  I have read many things that bash Walt Wilburn, most of the things I read only spell out the ignorance of the author....they complain but can't be bothered to get answers or learn the way things actually happen.  I won't say Mr. Wilburn is above being critiqued but to do so without even a modicum of accurate information is unfair.  If you think for one minute that we wouldn't move farther down the food chain of some of the county agencies without effective advocacy...you are dead wrong.  Maybe some people are on here with an agenda, it's a public forum and that is their right.....all we can do is refute that which we feel is inaccurate and do so with well researched facts.  Too many times on this forum I see posts that are represented as "facts" when they are actually "feelings".  The emotional responses (I am so guilty of this!) only serve to dilute what could have been a very informative debate for all who read this forum.

Offline Time to talk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »
Bedford wife you stated that very eloquently.

Bedford2012 I am sorry that I came here looking for specific information and did not find it. However I am not sorry that I came here and voiced my opinion as well as stated facts correcting or clarifying information presented here by you and other negative talking people. I am NOT paid one thin dime or even a penny by Mr. Wilburn or anyone else for my time or thoughts. I have eyes that are open, looking at my community and beyond. I have my ears open to listen to peoples thoughts and opinions even when I do not agree with them but when they are not based on fact, I will speak. You do not know how many times over the years I have been riled by something in this community or that I think how stupid to do that. But then I ask questions and research for answers, because just because someone has an answer to give me, is it the truth or am I being pacified? You do not like it because I am not a yes-person. oh well.
It is time to talk

Offline Hondo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
That was out of line.  I think it's wrong to intimate that because someone has a consistan opinion....you just say they joined the thread for poliitical reasons.  Is it because they don't agree with YOU that perhaps is the issue.   I say good on having some new opinions.

BW, I would seriously read your post and think, you have over 1000, AND BEEN CONTRIBUTING for quite some time to the pool of though for the betterment of Bedford, is one thing, then you have the recent new bees, who come in too strong, and interject every thread with an obvious reasons.  I WELCOME NEW OPINIONS, BUT SOME JUST COME HERE FOR A LIMITED TIME AND SPEW PURE CRAP.
[/quote

. . . and some "Hero" members actually have more than one account so that they can dominate the forum conversation. . . I think there's enough CRAP SPEWING to go around for everyone.